Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Early European map making technique(s) / Straight line of sight/ what was this term actually called?

I understand that ancient road maps were laid out by using a distant and stationary geographical structures or constructed site such as castles and church steeple(s) location(s).

In the laying out of roads using straight line of site, it would have been shown on ancient maps also.

I believe straight lines of sight were used where ever possible but I don’t think this is the actual term used. Do you know what this term was called?

If you know or know where I could find this information it would be most appreciated by me. I guess I could use a road map myself to try and find this out but I just don’t have it …yet!

Bless you in all that you do.

Thanks,

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment